Learning to Fly
In Northern Maine
Online Ground School
HIFC has been lucky to find some great instructors over the years
We are always learning! Pilot, Instrument, Commercial, Complex, High Performance - it can all be done in Houlton! We have members at all levels of their flight training and members provide great resources and support in the learning process.
Instructors will typically provide lessons 1 to 2 times per week allowing for multiple students to fly each day. If you're thinking about learning to fly, give us a call and we'll provide the full details.
Estimate for Private Pilots Certificate
- Instructor Hours (25 Hours @ $60) - $1,500
- Aircraft Hours (50 Hours @ $85) - $4,200
- 1 yr Flying Club Membership - $600
- Online Groundschool - $375
- Class 3 Medical - $175
- Exam Fees (Written / Check-Ride) - $500
- Misc Supplies -$200